Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Photos by georgia's pictures on FlickrFriends Hilary and Jane and I flew from JFK to Paris, took 2 trains to Royan, were picked up at the gare by Francois and taken to his hotel for our first night in France. We immediately set out after dropping our suitcases to discover our new town. We started with a walk on the expansive beach of soft white sand and found the house we would be moving to the next day. We roamed through the streets and had our first dinner outdoors at a restaurant near the harbor. We were exhausted and went to to bed early, leaving the large French doors to the balcony of our room wide open.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
This is what I have done since my last post, in a very small nutshell.
- I finished my Center for Furniture Craftsmanship class and all my pieces.
- Came home in early February and found an apprenticeship with Chris Lehrecke twice a week for a couple months. Helped with chairs for a large table.
- Started working with Rbt Hastings once a week, which continues (except for a summer break). Helped build a toy chest, a tack box and a tool cabinet.
- Went to a CFC reunion in NYC and met Zal Sakari, a former student who lives near me and has a workshop he was willing to share. YEAH! Moved tools in and started to make a small table that was suppose to be something like Chris' designs, but haven't succeeded. Zal and I end up baking bread and cooking meals and eating cheese. I lovelovelove Zal (and his darling wife, Caro, adorable child Taige, [yes, named after you-know-who] and even Huges, the dog)
- Summer came and I traveled often to Quebec to help brother Harry on his cabin-building project. Built stair/ladder in atelier.
- Took a week long Women's Carpentry class at Heartwood School in Mass. Helped build a chicken coop.
- Helped daughter move from Chicago to NYC. Built a lofted bed so she could put her dresser beneath it and fit it in tiny bedroom.
- Worked like mad to get all book design work finished so I can go away for a month with girlfriends, Hilary and Jane, to Royan, Fr. tomorrow.
For the month I am away, I hope to write often of our adventures. Stay tuned.